In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bexleyheath like this:
BEXLEY-HEATH, a village and a chapelry in Bexley parish, Kent. The Village stands 1½ mile NW of Bexley r. station; is modern, pleasant, large, and rapidly increasing; and has a post office under London SE, a market house, a police station, a church with lofty spire, three dissenting chapels, a public library and reading rooms. The chapelry was constituted in 1866. Pop., 2,989. The living is a vicarage. Value, £160. Patron, Viscount Sydney.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Bexleyheath has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Bexley. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Bexleyheath and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bexleyheath, in Bexley and Kent | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 29th August 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Bexleyheath".