Place:


Blackborough  Devon

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Blackborough like this:

BLACKBOROUGH, a parish in Tiverton district, Devon; on the W side of Black Down, 4½ miles SE of Tiverton Junction r. station, and 6 ENE of Collumpton. It has a post office under Collumpton. Acres, 508. Pop., 76. Houses, 16. The manor belongs to the Earl of Egremont. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £140. Patron, the Earl of Egremont. The church is modern; consists of nave and chancel, with tower and octagonal spire; and stands conspicuously on an eminence.

Blackborough through time

Blackborough is now part of Mid Devon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Mid Devon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Blackborough itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Blackborough in Mid Devon | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/20079

Date accessed: 14th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Blackborough ".