Place:


Stretton  Rutland

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Stretton like this:

STRETTON, a parish in Oakham district, Rutland; 4¾ miles W by S of Little Bytham r. station, and 8 NNW of Stamford. It has a post-office under Oakham. Acres, 1,934. Real property, £2,760. Pop., 189. Houses, 41. The manor belongs to Lord Aveland. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £300.* Patron, Lord Aveland. The church is old.

Stretton through time

Stretton is now part of Rutland district. Click here for graphs and data of how Rutland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Stretton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stretton in Rutland | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1991

Date accessed: 25th April 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Stretton ".