In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Gwytherin like this:
GWYTHERIN, a village and a parish in Llanrwst district, Denbigh. The village stands on the river Elwy, under the Hiraethrog hills, 5½ miles E by S of Llanrwst town and r. station; was the place of St. Winifred's retreat and death; and has a fair on 6 May. The parish comprises 6,117 acres; and its post town is Llanrwst, Denbighshire. ...
Real property, £1, 311. Pop., 438. Houses, 91. Much of the surface is moor and mountain. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St. Asaph. Value, £132.* Patron, the Bishop of St. Asaph. The church was originally built in connexion with the retreatplace or nunnery of St. Winifred; and it contains two rude wooden chests, enclosing a portion of St. Winifred's coffin. Four upright stones in the churchyard, one of them with a slight inscription, mark the alleged site of St. Winifred's grave.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Gwytherin, in Conwy and Denbighshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 30th April 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Gwytherin ".