Place:


Glyntraean  Denbighshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Glyntraean like this:

GLYN-TRAIAN, a parochial division and a chapelry in Llangollen parish, Denbigh. The division lies on Offa's dyke, near the river Dee, and near Chirk r. station, 3½ miles SE of Llangollen. Pop., 975. Houses, 202. The chapelry bears also the name of Pontfadog; was constituted in 1848; and is more extensive than the div. ...


Post town, Chirk, under Ruabon. Rated property, £3, 000. Pop., 1, 499. Houses, 332. The property is much sub-divided. Coal, ironstone, and lime abound. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of St. Asaph. Value, £150. Patron, the Vicar of Llangollen. The church is very good; and there is a Calvinistic Methodist chapel.

Glyntraean through time

Glyntraean is now part of Wrexham district. Click here for graphs and data of how Wrexham has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Glyntraean itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Glyntraean, in Wrexham and Denbighshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1959

Date accessed: 15th December 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Glyntraean ".