Place:


Templeton  Devon

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Templeton like this:

TEMPLETON, a parish in Tiverton district. Devon; 5¼ miles W by N of Tiverton r. station. Post town, Tiverton. Acres, 1,895. Real property, £1,294. Pop., 217. Houses, 46. The manor belonged to the Knights Templars, passed to the Loosemores, and belongs now to J. Chichester, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £162.* Patron, Sir J. De la Pole, Bart. The church is ancient.

Templeton through time

Templeton is now part of Mid Devon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Mid Devon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Templeton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Templeton in Mid Devon | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1952

Date accessed: 21st September 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Templeton ".