Place:


Cusop  Herefordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Cusop like this:

CUSOP, a parish in the district of Hay and county of Hereford; at the boundary with Brecon, near the Hereford and Brecon railway, 1¼ mile ESE of Hay. Post town, Hay, under Hereford. Acres, 2, 294. Real property, £2, 260. Pop., 218. Houses, 55. The property is much subdivided. The scenery is very beautiful. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £203. Patron, the Earl of Oxford. The church is old but good.

Cusop through time

Cusop is now part of Herefordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Herefordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Cusop itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Cusop in Herefordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1945

Date accessed: 13th December 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Cusop ".