Place:


Newton  Herefordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Newton like this:

NEWTON, a township-chapelry in Clodock parish, Hereford; on the river Escley, 4 miles W of Abbeydore, and 5 N W of Pontrilas r. station. Post-town, Abbey-dore, under Hereford. Real property, £1, 358. Pop., 263. Houses, 56. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £80. Patron, the Vicar of Clodock. The church is modern, and has a belfry.

Newton through time

Newton is now part of Herefordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Herefordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Newton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Newton in Herefordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1893

Date accessed: 26th April 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Newton ".