In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Towersey like this:
TOWERSEY, a parish in the district of Thame and county of Buckingham; 1¾ mile E of Thame r. station, It has a wall letter-box under Thame. Acres, 1,200. Real property, £2,023. Pop., 449. Houses, 100. The property is much subdivided. T. Manor House is the seat of E. Griffin, Esq. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £100.* Patrons, the Trustees of the late Dr. Slater. There are two dissenting chapels, a national school, and an educational charity.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Towersey has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of South Oxfordshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Towersey and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Towersey, in South Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 30th August 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Towersey".