Place:


Scarcliffe  Derbyshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Scarcliffe like this:

SCARCLIFF, a parish, with a village, in the district of Mansfield and county of Derby; 6 miles N N W of Mansfield r. station. Post-town, Mansfield. Acres, 3, 674. Real property, £3, 790. Pop., 548. Houses, 126. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £70. Patron, Earl Bathurst. The church is ancient but good, and has a tower of 1842. There are an endowed school, and charities £30.

Scarcliffe through time

Scarcliffe is now part of Bolsover district. Click here for graphs and data of how Bolsover has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Scarcliffe itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Scarcliffe, in Bolsover and Derbyshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1826

Date accessed: 15th November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Scarcliffe ".