In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Temple Normanton like this:
NORMANTON-TEMPLE, a township-chapelry in Chesterfield parish, Derby; near the Midland railway, 2¾ miles S E of Chesterfield r. station. Post-town, Chesterfield. Acres, 500. Real property, £794. Pop., 130. Houses, 27. The manor belongs to R. Arkwright, Esq. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £55. Patron, Mrs. Packman. The church was built in 1623, and is in bad condition. There is a slightly endowed school.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Temple Normanton has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of North East Derbyshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Temple Normanton and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Temple Normanton in North East Derbyshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 19th December 2014
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Temple Normanton".