Place:


Stretford  Herefordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Stretford like this:

STRETFORD, a parish and a hundred in Hereford. The parish lies 4¾ miles SW of Leominster r. station, and is in Weobly district. Post town, Leominster. Acres, 424. Real property, £698. Pop., 50. Houses, 9. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £94. Patron, A. H. Wall, Esq.-The hundred contains 13 parishes, and 3 parts. Acres, 45,299. Pop., 9,079. Houses, 1,962.

Stretford through time

Stretford is now part of Herefordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Herefordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Stretford itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stretford in Herefordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1810

Date accessed: 21st January 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Stretford ".