Place:


Stanford Bishop  Herefordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Stanford Bishop like this:

STANFORD-BISHOP, a parish in Bromyard district, Hereford; 3 miles SE of Bromyard r. station. Post town, Bromyard, under Worcester. Acres, 1,471. Real property, £1,806. Pop., 234. Houses, 49. The property is divided among a few. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £75. Patron, the Bishop of H. The church is ancient but good.

Stanford Bishop through time

Stanford Bishop is now part of Herefordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Herefordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Stanford Bishop itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stanford Bishop in Herefordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1809

Date accessed: 20th January 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Stanford Bishop ".