Place:


Weston under Penyard  Herefordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Weston under Penyard like this:

WESTON-UNDER-PENYARD, a parish, with a village, in Ross district, Hereford; 2¼ miles SE of Ross r. station. It has a post-office under Ross. Acres, 3,142. Real property, £7,999. Pop., 828. Houses, 162. The manor belongs to Lord Ashburton. Frogmore House and Rudhall are chief residences. Remains of an old castle are in Penyard Park. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £567.* Patron, the Bishop of H. There are Baptist and Wesleyan chapels, a parochial school, and charities £5.

Weston under Penyard through time

Weston under Penyard is now part of Herefordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Herefordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Weston under Penyard itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Weston under Penyard in Herefordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1794

Date accessed: 19th November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Weston under Penyard ".