Place:


Fleet  Hampshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Fleet like this:

FLEET, a chapelry in Crondall parish, Hants; on the Southwestern railway, at Fleetpond station, 3½ miles WSW of Farnborough. Post town, Fleetpond, under Winchfield. The statistics are returned with the parish. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £108.* Patron, J. W. M. Lefroy, Esq.

Fleet through time

Fleet is now part of Hart district. Click here for graphs and data of how Hart has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Fleet itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Fleet, in Hart and Hampshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/179

Date accessed: 24th October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Fleet ".