Place:


Freystrop  Pembrokeshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Freystrop like this:

FREYSTROP, a parish in Haverfordwest district, Pembroke; on the river Cleddau, near the South Wales railway, 2½ miles SSE of Haverfordwest. Post town, Haverfordwest. Acres, 1, 637; of which 45 are water. Real property, £1, 601; of which £387 are in mines. Pop. in 1851, 679; in 1861, 576. Houses, 126. The decrease of pop. was caused by the emigration of coal miners. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St. Davids. Value, £145. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is very good; and there is an Independent chapel.

Freystrop through time

Freystrop is now part of Pembrokeshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Pembrokeshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Freystrop itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Freystrop in Pembrokeshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1789

Date accessed: 18th April 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Freystrop ".