Place:


Church Broughton  Derbyshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Church Broughton like this:

BROUGHTON-CHURCH, a parish in the district of Burton-upon-Trent and county of Derby; 2½ miles NNE of Scropton r. station, and 10 W by S of Derby. It includes the hamlets of Sapperton and Harehill; and has a post office, of the name of Church-Broughton, under Derby. Acres, 2,272. Real property, £3,661. ...


Pop., 651. Houses, 154. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £228. Patron, William Hopkins, Esq. The church is ancient, and was recently repaired. There are a Primitive Methodist chapel, an endowed school with £30 a year, and charities £22.

Church Broughton through time

Church Broughton is now part of South Derbyshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Derbyshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Church Broughton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Church Broughton in South Derbyshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1753

Date accessed: 14th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Church Broughton ".