Place:


Forncett  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Forncett like this:

FORNCETT-ST. PETER, a parish in Depwade district, Norfolk; near Forncett r. station, 2½ miles W of Long Stratton. Post town, Forncett, under Long Stratton. Acres, 1,828. Real property, £4, 855; of which £69 are on the railway. Pop., 665. Houses, 148. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £587.* Patron, the Earl of Effingham. The church is good; and there are chapels for Baptists and Primitive Methodists, a national school, and town-lands with £10 a year.

Forncett through time

Forncett is now part of South Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Forncett itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Forncett in South Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1697

Date accessed: 27th January 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Forncett ".