Place:


Leswalt  Wigtownshire

 

In 1887, John Bartholomew's Gazetteer of the British Isles described Leswalt like this:

Leswalt, par., quoad sacra par., and vil., Wigtownshire - par. (containing the Sheuchan suburb of Stranraer), 12,523 ac., pop. 2635; quoad sacra par. (partly also in Kirkcolm par.), pop. 1292; vil., 3 miles NW. of Stranraer; P.O.; the old parish church has for centuries been the burying-place of the Agnews of Lochnaw.

Leswalt through time

Leswalt is now part of Dumfries and Galloway district. Click here for graphs and data of how Dumfries and Galloway has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Leswalt itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Leswalt, in Dumfries and Galloway and Wigtownshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/16964

Date accessed: 17th July 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Leswalt ".