Place:


South Creake  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described South Creake like this:

CREAKE (South), a parish in Docking district, Norfolk; 3½ miles SSE of Burnham-Westgate r. station, and 5¼ W by S of Walsingham. It has a post office under Fakenham. Acres, 4, 146. Real property, £6, 185. Pop., 1, 058. Houses, 213. The property is much sub-divided. There are a Saxon camp and numerous tumuli. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £440.* Patron, the Marquis Townshend. The church has a fine font, and is good; and there are an Independent chapel, a national school, and charities £38. Bishop Pearson was a native.

South Creake through time

South Creake is now part of Kings Lynn and West Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how Kings Lynn and West Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about South Creake itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of South Creake in Kings Lynn and West Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1691

Date accessed: 08th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " South Creake ".