Place:


Stow Bardolph  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Stow Bardolph like this:

STOW-BARDOLPH, a village and a parish in Downham district, Norfolk. The village stands 1½ mile ESE of Stow r. station, and 2 NNE of Downham-Market; and has a post-office under Downham, and a cattle fair on Whit-Saturday. The parish includes Stowbridge, on the river Ouse; and comprises 6,127 acres. ...


Real property, £10,420. Pop., 1,090. Houses, 232. The property is.subdivided. The manor, with S. Hall, belongs to Sir T. Hare, Bart. The living is a vicarage, united with Wimbotsham, in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £400.* Patron, Sir T. Hare, Bart. The church is good, and includes the mortuary chapel of the Hares. There are chapels for Baptists and Primitive Methodists, alms houses, with £80 a year, and other charities £89.

Stow Bardolph through time

Stow Bardolph is now part of Kings Lynn and West Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how Kings Lynn and West Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Stow Bardolph itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stow Bardolph in Kings Lynn and West Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1690

Date accessed: 18th February 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Stow Bardolph ".