Place:


Southburgh  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Southburgh like this:

BURGH-SOUTH, or Southbergh, a parish in Mitford district, Norfolk; on the river Yare, 2½ miles NNW of Hingham, and 3½ WSW of Hardingham r. station. Post Town, Hingham, under Attleborough. Acres, 1,216. Real property, £2,229. Pop., 317. Houses, 62. The property is divided between two. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £249. Patron, B. Gurdon, Esq. The church is fair.

Southburgh through time

Southburgh is now part of Breckland district. Click here for graphs and data of how Breckland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Southburgh itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Southburgh, in Breckland and Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1689

Date accessed: 06th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Southburgh ".