Place:


Shingham  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Shingham like this:

SHINGHAM, a parish in Swaffham district, Norfolk; 5 miles SW of Swaffham r. station. Post town, Swaff-ham. Acres, 935. Real property, £441. Pop., 62. Houses, 13. The property is all in one estate. The living is a rectory, united with Beechamwell-All Saints, in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £232.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is mean and thatched.

Shingham through time

Shingham is now part of Breckland district. Click here for graphs and data of how Breckland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Shingham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Shingham, in Breckland and Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1688

Date accessed: 17th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Shingham ".