Place:


Moulton St Michael  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Moulton St Michael like this:

MOULTON (GREAT), or MOULTON-ST. MICHAEL, a village and a parish in Depwade district, Norfolk. The village stands adjacent to the Great Eastern railway, midway between Tivetshall and Forncett r. stations, and 7 miles NW of Harleston; and has a post office, of the name of Moulton, under Long Stratton. ...


The parish contains also the hamlet of Little Moulton, and comprises 1,347 acres. Real property, £3,485; of which £600 are on the railway. Pop., 442. Houses, 103. The manor belongs to T. and E. Betts, Esqs. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £440. * Patron, W. L. W. Chute, Esq. The church has a round tower, surmounted by an octagonal lantern. There are a national school and charities £21.

Moulton St Michael through time

Moulton St Michael is now part of South Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Moulton St Michael itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Moulton St Michael in South Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1678

Date accessed: 17th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Moulton St Michael ".