Place:


Wood Norton  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Wood Norton like this:

WOOD-NORTON, a parish in Aylsham district, Norfolk; 3 miles E by N of Ryburgh r. station. Post town, Thetford. Acres, 1,726. Real property, £3,050. Pop., 250. Houses, 64. The manor belongs to Christchurch, Oxford. Norton Hall is the seat of W. Norris, Esq. The living is a rectory, consolidated with Swanton-Novers, in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £785.* Patron, Christchurch, Oxford. The church is plain. Charities, £26.

Wood Norton through time

Wood Norton is now part of North Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Wood Norton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Wood Norton in North Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1673

Date accessed: 21st February 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Wood Norton ".