Place:


Thurlton  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Thurlton like this:

THURLTON, a parish, with a village, in Loddon district, Norfolk; 2½ miles W of St. Olaves Junction r. station, and 3¾ E by S of Loddon. Post town, Loddon, under Norwich. Acres, 1,170. Real property, £2,737. Pop., 420. Houses, 94. The property is much sub-divided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £211.* Patrons, Norwich Charity Trustees. The church is plain; and there are a Wesleyan chapel, a national school, and church lands £12.

Thurlton through time

Thurlton is now part of South Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Thurlton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Thurlton in South Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1668

Date accessed: 20th October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Thurlton ".