Place:


Terrington St Clement  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Terrington St Clement like this:

TERRINGTON-ST. CLEMENT, a village, a parish, and a sub-district, in the district of Wisbeach and county of Norfolk. The village stands on the Sutton-Bridge and Lynn railway, 6 miles W of Lynn; is a seat of petty sessions; and has a post-office‡ under Lynn, a r. station, and a police station. ...


The parish extends to the Wash; and, with T.-St. John, comprises 11,431 acres of land , and 22,805 of foreshore. Real property, £20,204. Pop., 2,303. Houses, 475. The property is much subdivided; and there are three manors. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £453. Patron, the Crown. The church is later English and cruciform, and was thoroughly repaired in 1829. There are three dissenting chapels, a national school, and charities £10.—The sub-district contains 6 parishes and an extra-parochial tract. Acres, 45,252. Pop., 5,355. Houses, 1,156.

Terrington St Clement through time

Terrington St Clement is now part of Kings Lynn and West Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how Kings Lynn and West Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Terrington St Clement itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Terrington St Clement in Kings Lynn and West Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1667

Date accessed: 23rd October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Terrington St Clement ".