Place:


Aberdour  Fife

 

In 1887, John Bartholomew's Gazetteer of the British Isles described Aberdour like this:

Aberdour, par. and vil., SW. Fifesh., on the Firth of Forth, 3 miles W. of Burntisland, 5974 ac., pop. 1736; P.O., T.O.-- vil. (Wester A.), pop. 610; the vil. has a good tidal harb. and pier, and is resorted to for sea-bathing. Aberdour Castle, a ruined seat of the Earl of Morton, is in the vicinity.

Aberdour through time

Aberdour is now part of Fife district. Click here for graphs and data of how Fife has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Aberdour itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Aberdour in Fife | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/16615

Date accessed: 23rd October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Aberdour ".