In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described St Minver like this:
MINVER (ST.), a parish in Bodmin district, Cornwall; on the coast, 3½ miles NW by N of Wadebridge, and 12½ N W of Bodmin-Road r. station. It is cut into two divisions, Highlands and Lowlands. Post town, Wadebridge, Cornwall. Acres, 8,683; of which 1,105 are water. Real property, £8,278. Pop. of the H. div., in 1851,757; in 1861,626. Houses, 117. The decrease of pop. arose from the discontinuance of mining operations, and from emigration. Pop. of the L. div., in 1851,468; in 1861,485. ...
Houses, 116. The manor was known, at Domesday, as Rosminver; and belonged to Bodmin priory. St. Minver House, Trevelvir, and Trewornon are chief residences. A creek comes up the SE boundary, and has a quay for the shipment of corn. A copper mine was formerly worked. The living is a vi= carage in the diocese of Exeter. Value and patron, not reported.* The church stands in the H. div; and has a tower, with a lofty spire. Two chapels of ease, called St. Michael's and St. Enodoc's, are in the L. div. There are chapels for Quakers and Wesleyans, and charities, £22.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing St Minver has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of North Cornwall. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering St Minver and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of St Minver in North Cornwall | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 11th February 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "St Minver".