Place:


Lamington  Lanarkshire

 

In 1887, John Bartholomew's Gazetteer of the British Isles described Lamington like this:

Lamington, vil. with ry. sta., Wandell and Lamington par., Lanarkshire, on right bank of river Clyde, 6 miles SW. of Biggar; P.O.; the ry. sta. is on the left bank of the river; the church (St Ninian's) is old; in vicinity are the ruins of the Tower of Lamington, an old fortalice, and Lamington House, a modern mansion, seat of Lord Lamington.

Lamington through time

Lamington is now part of South Lanarkshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Lanarkshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Lamington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Lamington in South Lanarkshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/16410

Date accessed: 24th September 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Lamington ".