Place:


St Allen  Cornwall

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described St Allen like this:

ALLEN (St.), a parish in Truro district, Cornwall; on the Allen rivulet, 4½ miles N by W of Truro r. sta tion. Post Town, Truro. Acres, 3,501. Real property. £2,785. Pop., 687. Houses, 133. The property is divided among a few. Many of the inhabitants are miners. An old edifice, now a farmhouse, was the seat of the Bevills. An ancient camp, with triple ditch, occurs at Gwarnike. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £174.* Patron, the Bishop of Exeter. The church is good.

St Allen through time

St Allen is now part of Carrick district. Click here for graphs and data of how Carrick has changed over two centuries. For statistics about St Allen itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of St Allen, in Carrick and Cornwall | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1636

Date accessed: 17th December 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " St Allen ".