Place:


Little Wilbraham  Cambridgeshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Little Wilbraham like this:

WILBRAHAM (Little), a parish in Chesterton district, Cambridgeshire; 1¾ mile NNW of Six-Mile-Bottom r. station, and 6 E of Cambridge. It includes Six-Mile-Bottom hamlet, and has a post-office under Cambridge. Acres, 1,800. Real property, £2,705. Pop., 353. Houses, 87. Spears, swords, knives, axes, bronze fibulæ, glass beads, pottery, and other relics were found here in an ancient Saxon cemetery. ...


The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £326.* Patron, Corpus Christi College, Cambridge. The church was recently repaired. There are a national school, a charity of £71 a year, and a commonage of 30 acres.

Little Wilbraham through time

Little Wilbraham is now part of South Cambridgeshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Cambridgeshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Little Wilbraham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Little Wilbraham in South Cambridgeshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1606

Date accessed: 15th November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Little Wilbraham ".