Place:


Thriplow  Cambridgeshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Thriplow like this:

THRIPLOW, a parish and a hundred in Cambridge. The parish lies 2¾ miles WSW of Whittlesford r. station, and 7 NE by E of Royston; and is in Royston district. Post town, Royston. Acres, 2,489. Real property, £3,639. Pop., 502. Houses, 98. The property is divided chiefly among five. ...


T. Heath was a grand rendezvous of the army under Fairfax and Cromwell in July 1647. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ely. Value, £129.* Patron, the Bishop of Ely. The church is ancient. There are an Independent chapel and two public schools. -The hundred contains ten parishes. Acres, 16,160. Pop., 5,388. Houses, 1,174.

Thriplow through time

Thriplow is now part of South Cambridgeshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Cambridgeshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Thriplow itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Thriplow in South Cambridgeshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1601

Date accessed: 16th September 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Thriplow ".