Place:


Turweston  Buckinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Turweston like this:

TURWESTON, a parish in the district of Brackley and county of Buckingham; 1½ mile ENE of Brackley r. station. Post town, Brackley. Acres, 1,240. Real property, £2,059. Pop., 335. Houses, 74. The property is divided chiefly among four. T. House is the seat of J. L. Stratton, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £300.* Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Westminster. The church was recently restored. There are a Wesleyan chapel of 1861, and charities £10.

Turweston through time

Turweston is now part of South Northamptonshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Northamptonshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Turweston itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Turweston, in South Northamptonshire and Buckinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1535

Date accessed: 16th July 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Turweston ".