In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bryneglwys like this:
BRYN-EGLWYS, a parish in the district of Corwen, and county of Denbigh; 6 miles NE of Corwen r. station, and 11 WNW of Ruabon. It is divided into the townships of Bodynwydag, Bryntangor, Fanybedwell, Gwrthrina, and Llan; and it has a post office under Corwen. Acres, 3,283. Real property, £2,737. Pop., 444. Houses, 89. The property is divided among a few. Much of the surface is upland. There is a mineral spring. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St. Asaph. Value, £90.* Patron, Sir W. W. Wynne, Bart. The church is rather bad. There are Calvinistic Methodist and Wesleyan chapels. A school has £12 from endowment; and other charities £3.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Bryneglwys has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Denbighshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Bryneglwys and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bryneglwys in Denbighshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 29th August 2014
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Bryneglwys".