Place:


Rudheath  Cheshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Rudheath like this:

RUDHEATH, a township in Davenham parish, Cheshire; on the Trent and Mersey canal, 2 miles S E of Northwich. Acres, 1, 961. Real property, £4, 388. Pop., 411. Houses, 72. The manor belonged to the Draklows, passed to the Crown, was given to the Portland family, and went by sale to the Marshalls. R. Heath was the scene of an action, in 1643, between theroyalists and the parliamentarians. There are a chapel of ease and a national school.

Rudheath through time

Rudheath is now part of Vale Royal district. Click here for graphs and data of how Vale Royal has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Rudheath itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Rudheath, in Vale Royal and Cheshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1501

Date accessed: 19th October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Rudheath ".