Place:


West Woodhay  Berkshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described West Woodhay like this:

WOODHAY (West), a parish in Hungerford district, Berks; 3 miles S by W of Kintbury r. station, and 5 SE of Hungerford. Post town, Newbury. Acres, 1,407. Real property, £1,446. Pop., 130. Houses, 27. The manor, with the Manor House, belongs to the Rev. John Sloper. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £260. Patron, the Rev. J. Sloper. The church is good.

West Woodhay through time

West Woodhay is now part of West Berkshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Berkshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about West Woodhay itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of West Woodhay in West Berkshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1473

Date accessed: 15th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " West Woodhay ".