In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Blaen Porth like this:
BLAENPORTH, a parish in the district and county of Cardigan; on the coast, 6 miles NW by N of NewcastleEmlyn r. station. It includes part of the village of Aberporth, which has a post office under Cardigan. Acres, 3,548; of which 30 are water. Real property, £2,017. Pop., 732. Houses, 180. The property is much subdivided. Traces of two ancient camps are on the coast; and a mound represents a castle of great strength, thought to have been built by Gilbert, Earl of Clare, and which was besieged and taken in 1116 by Gryffydd-ap-Rhys, and afterwards demolished. There is a mineral spring. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St. David's Value, £37.* Patron, alternately the Earl of Lisburne and J. V. Lloyd, Esq. The church is very bad.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Blaen Porth has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Ceredigion. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Blaen Porth and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Blaen Porth, in Ceredigion and Cardiganshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 08th February 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Blaen Porth".