In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bers like this:
BERSHAM, a township and a chapelry in Wrexham parish, Denbigh. The township lies on the river Clwydog, near Wat's Dyke, 1 mile W of Wrexham r. station. Post Town, Wrexham. Acres, 1,901. Real property, £6,725. Pop., 3,073. Houses, 625. The Wrexham workhouse is here; and iron, lead, and coal works are carried on.The chapelry bears the name of Bersham-Drelincourt or Berse-Drelincourt; and is a p. curacy in the diocese of St. Asaph. Value, £90.* Patron, the Bishop of St. Asaph. There are a Calvinistic Methodist chapel and an endowed school.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Bers has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Wrexham. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Bers and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bers, in Wrexham and Denbighshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 21st October 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Bers".