Place:


Crowle  Worcestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Crowle like this:

CROWLE, a parish in Droitwich district, Worcestershire; adjacent to a branch of the river Avon and to the Birmingham and Gloucester railway, 2¼ miles NE of Spetchley r. station, and 5 ENE of Worcester. It has a post office under Worcester. Acres, 1, 640. Real property, £3, 101. Pop., 576. ...


Houses, 119. The manor belonged to Worcester abbey; and Crowle House, a moated building, was the abbot's seat. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £281.* Patron, the Rev. W. H. Woolrych. The church is partly Norman. There is a Wesleyan chapel. Charities, £18.

Crowle through time

Crowle is now part of Wychavon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Wychavon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Crowle itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Crowle, in Wychavon and Worcestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/14535

Date accessed: 23rd October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Crowle ".