Place:


Bleasdale  Lancashire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bleasdale like this:

BLEASDALE, or Admarsh, a chapelry in Lancaster parish, Lancashire; among the hills, 5 miles ENE of Garstang r. station. It has a post office, of the name of Bleasdale, under Garstang. Acres, 8,490. Real property, £2,418. Pop., 372. Houses, 52. Most of the area was formerly forest, belonging to the Crown. ...


Bleasdale Tower is the seat of W. J Garnett, Esq. Bleasdale Fell is 1,709 feet high. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Manchester. Value, £80.* Patron, the Vicar of Lancaster. The church was built in 1837. There are an endowed school, a reformatory, and charities £44.

Bleasdale through time

Bleasdale is now part of Wyre district. Click here for graphs and data of how Wyre has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Bleasdale itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bleasdale, in Wyre and Lancashire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/14521

Date accessed: 19th April 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Bleasdale ".