Place:


Kingsley  Cheshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Kingsley like this:

KINGSLEY, a village, a township, and a chapelry in Frodsham parish, Cheshire. The village stands near Delamere forest, 3 miles SE of Frodsham r. station: and has a post office under Preston Brook.-The township extends to the river Weaver, and comprises 2, 606 acres. Real property, £4, 940. ...


Pop., 995. Houses, 209. The manor belongs to A. H. S. Barry, Esq. Finney hill here is a lofty eminence; and a pit of good rock marl is near it.—The chapelry includes also the township of Newton-by-Frodsham, and was constituted in 1851. Acres, 3, 022. Real property, £5, 958. Pop., 1, 131. Houses, 233. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Chester. Value, £80. * Patron, the Vicar of Frodsham. The church was built in 1850; is in the early English style; and comprises nave, N aisle, chancel, and S porch, with tower and small spire. There are chapels for Wesleyans, Primitive Methodists, and Free Methodists, an endowed school with £20 a year, and national schools.

Kingsley through time

Kingsley is now part of Vale Royal district. Click here for graphs and data of how Vale Royal has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Kingsley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Kingsley, in Vale Royal and Cheshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1446

Date accessed: 24th March 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Kingsley ".