Place:


Walton  West Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Walton like this:

WALTON, a parish in Tadcaster district, W. R. Yorkshire, ¾ mile N of Thorpe-Arch r. station, and 2½ E by S of Wetherby. Post town, Tadcaster. Acres, 1,670. Real property, £2,235. Pop., 221. Houses, 46. The manor belongs to G. L. Fox, Esq. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of York. Value, £80. Patron, G. L. Fox, Esq. The church is good; and there is a national school.

Walton through time

Walton is now part of Leeds district. Click here for graphs and data of how Leeds has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Walton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Walton, in Leeds and West Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/14418

Date accessed: 13th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Walton ".