Place:


Walkington  East Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Walkington like this:

WALKINGTON, a parish, with two townships, in Beverley district, E. R. Yorkshire; 3 miles SW of Beverley r. station. It has a post-office under Beverley. Acres, 3,460. Real property, £5,692. Pop., 618. Houses, 40. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of York. Value, £700.* Patron, the Rev. Douglas Ferguson. The church is good; and there are two Methodist chapels, a slightly endowed school, and charities £95.

Walkington through time

Walkington is now part of East Riding of Yorkshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Riding of Yorkshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Walkington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Walkington, in East Riding of Yorkshire and East Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/14417

Date accessed: 21st August 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Walkington ".