Place:


Waddington  West Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Waddington like this:

WADDINGTON, a township-chapelry, with a village, in Mitton parish, W. R. Yorkshire; 1½ mile NW of Clitheroe r. station. It has a post-office under Clitheroe, Lancashire. Acres, 1,800. Real property, £2,666. Pop., 513. Houses, 135. The property is subdivided. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Ripon. Value, £122.* Patron, T. G. Parker, Esq. The church is later English. There are a Wesleyan chapel, and alms houses with £652 a year for 30 widows.

Waddington through time

Waddington is now part of Ribble Valley district. Click here for graphs and data of how Ribble Valley has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Waddington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Waddington, in Ribble Valley and West Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/14410

Date accessed: 25th April 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Waddington ".