Place:


Goosey  Berkshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Goosey like this:

GOOSEY, a chapelry in Stanford-in-the-Vale parish, Berks; near the river Ock and the Great Western railway, 3½ miles NW by N of Wantage. Post town, Stanford-in-the-Vale, under Faringdon. Acres, 958. Real property, £2, 397. Pop., 202. Houses, 37. The property is divided among a few. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Stanford-in-the-Vale, in the diocese of Oxford. The church is good.

Goosey through time

Goosey is now part of Vale of White Horse district. Click here for graphs and data of how Vale of White Horse has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Goosey itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Goosey, in Vale of White Horse and Berkshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1431

Date accessed: 22nd October 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Goosey ".