Place:


Sutton  West Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Sutton like this:

SUTTON, a township, with a village, in Kildwick parish, W. R. Yorkshire; 1 mile S of Kildwick r. station, and 5 NW by W of Keighley. Acres, 2,319. Real property, £4,772. Pop., 1,699. Houses, 346. There are cotton and worsted factories, and a Baptist chapel.

Sutton through time

Sutton is now part of Craven district. Click here for graphs and data of how Craven has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Sutton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Sutton, in Craven and West Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/14305

Date accessed: 13th December 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Sutton ".