Place:


Stutton  West Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Stutton like this:

STUTTON-WITH-HAZLEWOOD, a township in Tadcaster parish, W. R. Yorkshire; on the Church-Fenton and Harrogate railway, 2 miles SSE of Tadcaster. It has a r. station. Acres, 2,610. Real property, £3,267. Pop., 446. Houses, 67. S. Grove is a large scholastic establishment. Hazlewood Castle, a magnificent edifice, is the seat of Sir E. M. Vavasour; and a Roman Catholic chape1, of 1286, adjoins it.

Stutton through time

Stutton is now part of Selby district. Click here for graphs and data of how Selby has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Stutton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stutton, in Selby and West Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/14300

Date accessed: 24th May 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Stutton ".