Place:


Steeton  West Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Steeton like this:

STEETON-WITH-EASTBURN, a township in Kildwick parish, W. R. Yorkshire; on the Leeds and Skipton railway, 3 miles NW of Keighley. It has a station on the railway, and a post-office under Leeds. Acres, 2,043. Real property, £7,417. Pop., 1,341. Houses, 270. Park House and Hobhill are chief residences. There are a large worsted mill, a bobbin mill, and quarries.

Steeton through time

Steeton is now part of Bradford district. Click here for graphs and data of how Bradford has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Steeton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Steeton, in Bradford and West Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/14284

Date accessed: 20th October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Steeton ".