Place:


Sicklinghall  West Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Sicklinghall like this:

SICKLINGHALL, a township in Kirkby-Overblow parish, W. R. Yorkshire; 3 miles W of Wetherby. Acres, 1,030. Real property, £2,193. Pop., 292. Houses, 59. There are a Wesleyan chapel, a Roman Catholic church and monastery, and a parochial school. The R.church and monastery were erected in 1852, and afterwards enlarged, at a total cost of about £8,000.

Sicklinghall through time

Sicklinghall is now part of Harrogate district. Click here for graphs and data of how Harrogate has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Sicklinghall itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Sicklinghall, in Harrogate and West Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/14210

Date accessed: 20th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Sicklinghall ".